T
tvqueen
14d
Bonnie Tyler in Induced Coma After Emergency Surgery

Spokesperson for Welsh singer shared further update on her health after she was rushed to hospital in Faro, Portugal
Bonnie Tyler has been placed into an induced coma to aid her recovery after emergency intestinal surgery, a spokesperson for the singer has said.
It was revealed on Wednesday that the 74-year-old had been rushed to a hospital near her home in Faro, Portugal, for the procedure, and was recuperating.
A spokesperson for the Welsh singer shared a further update on her health on Thursday evening.
“Bonnie has been put into an induced coma by her doctors to aid her recovery,” he said.
“We know that you all wish her well and ask for privacy at this difficult time please.
“We will issue a further statement when we are able to.”
The news of her surgery was revealed in an Instagram post on Wednesday which said: “We are very sorry to announce that Bonnie has been admitted to hospital in Faro, Portugal, where she has a home, for emergency intestinal surgery.
“The surgery went well and she is now recuperating.
“We know that all of her family, friends and fans will be concerned about this news and will be wishing her well for a full and swift recovery.”
Tyler, whose real name is Gaynor Hopkins, achieved international fame in the 1980s with the release of her single Total Eclipse Of The Heart, which shot to the top of the charts in the UK and US.
Recognisable for her husky voice, Tyler has released many hit songs over the years including Holding Out For A Hero, It’s A Heartache and If You Were A Woman (And I Was A Man).
The Grammy-nominated star is due to tour Europe later this year to mark 50 years since the release of her 1976 breakthrough hit Lost In France, which entered the charts across Europe.
Tyler is due to perform in Malta and Germany later this month, and her upcoming tour also includes shows across the UK, as well as in Austria, Hungary, Turkey and Romania.
She was made an MBE in 2023 for services to music.
LiveMiddle East crisis live: US and Iran trade strikes in strait of Hormuz but Trump insists ceasefire remains ‘in effect’
LiveMiddle East crisis live: US and Iran trade strikes in strait of Hormuz but Trump insists ceasefire remains ‘in effect’
Trump shelved ‘Project Freedom’ after Saudis refused use of bases and airspace
Trump shelved ‘Project Freedom’ after Saudis refused use of bases and airspace
Woman aged 28 pretended to be 16 and enrolled at New York high school before arrest
Woman aged 28 pretended to be 16 and enrolled at New York high school before arrest
FBI defends Kash Patel after report alleging he gifts custom whiskey bottles
FBI defends Kash Patel after report alleging he gifts custom whiskey bottles
Trump’s tantrums over Nato are prompting European leaders to think the unthinkablePaul Taylor
Trump’s tantrums over Nato are prompting European leaders to think the unthinkablePaul Taylor